Does any of these scenarios resonate with you?
- A deep feeling of regret of becoming a parent because you think you are failing
- Constant power struggles with your children that leave you feeling out of control, overwhelmed, angry, frustrated, and guilty
- Children are uncooperative and out of control with constant back-talking, disrespect, and sibling fights
- Other parenting strategies have failed and harsh strategies (e.g., spanking) are your last resort
- Communication is filled with screams, yelling, shouts, and name calling
If you answered yes to any of the above, Family Meetings: How to Make Them A Success is for you!
The purpose of the course is to support and encourage families to create a structure via family meetings that focus on non-punitive and non-permissive strategies in solving problems within the family.
By learning how to successfully conduct family meetings, your children will have the opportunity to develop most of the characteristics and life skills you hope for them, including a sense of belonging and the belief that they are capable. You will have the opportunity to avoid power struggles when you invite problem-solving instead of lecturing and micromanaging.
- Parents who are overwhelmed with power struggles and chaos in the home
- Parents who are seeking alternative parenting practices that are kind and firm
- Parents who want their children to learn mutual respect and cooperation
- Parents who want to build stronger bonds among family members
- Parents who want to improve their parenting skills
- Understand the structure of successful family meetings
- Understand the importance and benefits of having family meetings
- Increased confidence in your parenting skills
- Increased peace and harmony in your home
- Increased cooperation and respect among family members
- Recognize and resolve family conflicts respectfully
- Learn how to respectfully share responsibilities
- Develop habits to create generational success
- Learn how to build a cohesive and interdependent family
Taniesha Burke, Ph.D., is a sought-after speaker, parenting coach, scientist, and child development consultant. She helps parents raise cooperative, respectful, resilient, competent, independent children and enjoy the parenting journey through her rigorous and effective coaching programs, classes, and workshops. By leveraging her scientific expertise, psychological background, and her own experience of parenting a teen and toddler, Dr. Burke translates the latest scientific findings into relatable and practical parenting tools parents may immediately implement to transform their home and relationship with their children. Dr. Burke holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in psychology and a doctorate in family relations and human development. She has additional training in childhood trauma and various parenting modalities. A native of Kingston, Jamaica, she lives in Berlin, Germany, with her husband and three sons.
StartGround Rules & Responsibilities (10:20)
StartFamily Motto & Mission Statement (16:08)
StartCompliments and Appreciation (7:59)
StartEvaluation of Past Solutions (3:00)
StartAgenda: Brainstorming Solutions (11:28)
StartAgenda: Gratitude & Learning Opportunities (8:14)
StartCalendar of Events and Meal Planning (14:01)
StartFun Activity (6:43)
StartManaging Young Children (3:11)
StartHandling Teens (5:11)
StartSingle Parent Families (4:17)